BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

THE RAT IS BACK....

Kenny Linsman, the original "RAT"
Many years past, when I was a tad younger, I was a bit of a ferocious NHL fan and enjoyed cheering for the New York Islanders. The "Broadstreet Bullies", AKA Philadelphia Flyers in those days, were a huge rival with ALOT of talent and one player who was what I'd classify as a bit of an arsehole and an expert antagonist. Kenny Linsman, who was nicknamed "The Rat" would go in the game, stir up the shit with his cheap shots, and then have the team enforcer and all around thug, Dave Schultz come and beat the living crap out of the guy which he would start the shit with initially. Below, I introduce to you my latest personal version of "The Rat". I feel the name fits perfectly for obvious reasons if you have an inkling of road cycling savy. Is this an unfair label? I really do not care, as usual. Vino obviously has talent, and the fact that he decided to cheat and now comes back as if nothing happened is a bit disturbing to me, especially when the guy wins a biggin like he did last weekend, it's a bit like Dave Schultz beating the crap out of one of my favorite hockey players years ago, yeah, he's strong, but I don't like the m'fer. It's going to be intersting to see how this plays out with Contasnore in the Grandies. I like Conty, but he's just too good to cheer for anymore for me, he is too easy to pick. With that said, make no mistake about it, the RAT is back.....

As reported in Cycling News

Alexandre Vinokourov (Astana) bested breakaway companion Alexandr Kolobnev (Katusha) to win Liège - Bastogne - Liège for the second time.
Photo: © Roberto Bettini

No comments:

Post a Comment